Why do we need a communications policy?
- Supports the strategy = boosts an open and active culture of communication
- Helps to stand apart from the competition = strengthens the brand
- Clarifies existing guidelines
How does Ilmarinen communicate?
- We interact with various stakeholders in order to gain a broad understanding of the views of different bodies.
- We scan for weak signals in order to take a more proactive approach to communication.
- We release news as quickly as possible. We always present up-to-date information on our website.
- We let our personnel know about what is going on as early as possible.
- Ilmarinen’s operations are predominantly public and we have an open communications policy. Confidential matters are those considered business secrets and information related to individual customers, persons, partnerships or agreements.
- We take a positive attitude towards people who ask us questions and we answer them openly and directly.
- We report bad news without glossing it over.
- We participate in discussions involving difficult subjects and are not provoked by critical voices. We accept that there may be many viewpoints to an issue.
- We encourage bold discussion within Ilmarinen.
- We highlight our expertise in earnings-related pension themes. We also act as a thought leader.
- The reliability of our messages is based on facts, experience and observations.
- We present our views constructively, with an emphasis on solutions and co-operation.
- We communicate coherently and in an interesting manner – in a way that is relevant to people’s everyday lives.
- We focus on what is relevant, we put things in perspective and link them to broader concepts.
- We offer interpretations of difficult subjects and their importance.