Why choose Ilmarinen?
We are the market leader in the earnings-related pension insurance sector, and we have the sector’s best investment returns and solvency. As our customer, you are our owner – and part of our result belongs to you!
Why choose Ilmarinen?
1. Competitive price
We pay excellent client bonuses – for our TyEL customers this means smaller pension insurance contributions.
2. Comprehensive work ability services
You get access to services developed by top specialists, ranging from survey tools to trainings.
3. Responsible pension security
Our operations are responsible and we invest pension assets profitably and securely.
4. Solvent partner
You and your employees are covered by solvent pension insurance company.
5. Easy insurance
We are at your service online 24/7 and via our customer service on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
6. Professional service
Our professionals are happy to help you with any questions related to insurance, pensions, and work ability.
Choose the most solvent pension insurance company
Solvency capital rose to a record level, at EUR 12.5 billion, and the solvency ratio to 130.2.
Our return on investments is the best in the sector
We invest your pension assets profitably, securely and responsibly. Our investment returns are the best in both the short and the long term.
We manage pensions cost-effectively
We manage your pension responsibly and cost-effectively. As our customer, you benefit from our efficiency, which we improve continuously.
We pay the best client bonuses in the sector
Thanks to strong solvency and cost-effectiveness, we are able to pay higher client bonuses. For our customers, that means lower pension contributions.
Responsibility shows in everything we do
Why is responsibility important?
As our customer, you get to join the journey of a responsible pension insurance company. To us, responsible management of pension provision means that we wish to operate in a way that is as customer-focused and cost-effective as possible, while at the same time continuously improving our operations.Read more: Finland’s most responsible pension company
Aiming for a carbon neutral investment portfolio 2035
Our goal is to achieve a carbon-neutral investment portfolio by the end of 2035. As a major investor, we wish to take climate risks as well as new business opportunities into account and to influence our investees to take concrete action and reduce their emissions.Read more about responsibility in investment activities
Sustainability highlights in 2020
- Equity index funds investing in a responsible benchmark index cover as much as 90% of the passive investments in our listed equity portfolio.
- We received the PRI Leaders’ Group recognition for climate reporting.
- We extended the monitoring of carbon risk in our investment activities from coal to fossil energy sources in general.
- We significantly improved the energy efficiency of our properties.
- We signed RAKLI’s demolition green deal that promotes the circular economy.
- We continued our LEED certification: The Kämp block is now almost entirely LEED certified.
- We recycled the thermal glass roofs of our office building into glass wool.
- We renewed our online service to make it accessible and adopted the ‘Equal service for all’ label.