Employer’s pension insurance i.e. TyEL

As an employer, you need to take out earnings-related pension insurance if you employ at least one person on a permanent basis and pay at least EUR 9,348 (in 2023) in wages or salaries during a period of six months (EUR 9,006 in 2022). If you are a temporary employer, you only have to pay the earnings-related pension contribution.

TyEL insurance provides pension security for your employees

When you hire an employee, take out TyEL insurance and report the earnings data to the Incomes Register regardless of whether you are a long-term or temporary employer. Household employers also need to provide pension insurance for their employees. With TyEL insurance you take care of your employees’ pension cover. That is why TyEL insurance is statutory, i.e. mandatory.

Earnings paid to employees are always reported to the Incomes Register regardless of their size.

Read more about reporting earnings data to the Incomes Register

Use the TyEL calculator to estimate the size of the TyEL contribution and see how changing the due date affects the contribution.

Go to the TyEL calculator

Being Ilmarinen’s customer pays off

When taking out earnings-related pension insurance, choose a partner who is a pleasure to deal with and who provides you what you need. We pay the largest client bonuses, which means lower insurance contributions for our customers. That is why choosing Ilmarinen as an insurance partner pays off.

Employer, become Ilmarinen’s customer

Do you have questions regarding taking out insurance? Call our insurance sales team at +358 10 284 2385 (€0.084/min) from Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.

Contact us