Earnings-related pension alternatives

Earnings-related pension is part of your statutory social security. It provides you with financial security when you retire or it can support you to continue longer in working life.

Old-age pension

You can retire on old-age pension once you have reached your lower old-age pension age. If you retire later, your pension amount grows.

Read more about old-age pension

Partial old-age pension

You can draw part of your old-age pension already before reaching your lower old-age pension age. While on pension, you can work as much as you like or stop working altogether.

Read more about the partial old-age pension

When work ability weakens

Vocational rehabilitation

Vocational rehabilitation is the primary option when work ability weakens. If rehabilitation does not help, you can apply for a disability pension.

Read more about vocational rehabilitation >

Disability pension

If your ability to work has declined and rehabilitation does not help, you may be entitled to a disability pension.

Read more about the disability pension >

What does pension accrue on?

As an employee, you accrue pension on your earnings and as a self-employed person on your YEL income. You can also accrue pension when you study or draw an unemployment allowance or other social benefits.

Read more about pension accrual and its amount

Are you already retired?

On our website, you can find important information for pensioners, including the payment of pensions, pension taxation and working while on a pension.

Read more about pensioners’ matters