Self-employed person’s pension insurance YEL
As a self-employed person, you are responsible for your pension cover. You take care of it by taking out self-employed person’s pension insurance, i.e. YEL insurance. Read about YEL insurance on this page.
What is YEL insurance?
YEL insurance is pension insurance in compliance with the Self-employed Persons’ Pensions Act (YEL). YEL insurance is an obligatory insurance for entrepreneurs as it is the basis for an entrepreneur’s pension and social security. YEL is the most important insurance for entrepreneurs.
With every YEL insurance contribution you accrue pension for when you retire and improve your other social security benefits. YEL insurance secures your income when you fall ill, lose your work ability or take parental leave. YEL also determines the size of the allowances paid by Kela, such as sickness allowance and unemployment benefit.
YEL insurance is always personal, not company-specific. You cannot replace YEL insurance with voluntary pension insurance.
Handle YEL insurance matters online
As our customer you can you can take care of your insurance matters when it best suits you in self-employed person’s online service. You can view for example the information on your YEL contributions and check the amount of your YEL income. You can also inform us of changes in your contact details or send us a message.Read more about self-employed person's online service
Why should I take out YEL insurance from Ilmarinen?
1. Easy insurance – the extensive online service for self-employed persons is available 24/7 – it takes just a second to check, for example, your YEL income amount and how much pension you have accrued.
2. Competent service – our competent professionals are happy to help you with any questions related to insurance and pensions.
3. Responsible pension cover – our operations are responsible and we invest the pension contributions you pay profitably and securely.
4. A financially sound partner – your pension is secure with the sector’s most solvent pension insurance company.
5. Vocational rehabilitation secures your self-employment – if your state of health weakens and affects your work, we can help you to continue as an entrepreneur.